Tuesday, January 29, 2008


So i was telling my kids about me going back to school...they wanted to know what classes i was talking...how much homework i would have and what i was going to be when i was done...the reactions from my two oldest (Michael & Alexis) were as follows.....

Michael: after asking what i was taking and what i wanted to be when done with school he proceeded to tell his Dad who was sitting in the same room as he was...and suggested that his dad go back to school too so he could have a job that really meant something...he said all of this as i listened while nearly falling of my chair...lol...his dad of course didn't find it as amusing.....we ended our conversation with my son telling me that he was very proud of me for going back to school....

Alexis: my, my Alexis...lol....her reaction was quite different to start off with....when she asked what classes i was going to take i started with the first one i would be starting, "Child Abuse & Family Violence"....instantly her reaction was "MOM!...you're taking a class so you know how to beat us?...Thats just wrong Mom".....this time i did end up on the floor...laughing so hard while listening to her say "I'ts not funny mom...Thats messed up...lol"...finally i got a word in and was able to explain what i was taking the class for....she then proceeded to tell me she was happy that i was going to learn to protect children......lol....

It's so amazing to hear how things come out of kids mouths....to hear how they interpret things...and finally how their support can and does mean sooo much more.....

1 comment:

Julie said...

Linda,
That is so funny!! Isn't it amazing how kids interpret and respond to things. I'm sure your Ex was real happy with you by the end of the conversation...lol

What is your favorite HIGHLIGHTER color?